Wearing multiple bracelets stacked on top of each other is one of the hottest jewellery trends at the moment, but it’s not always a look that is easy to pull off. You will need to incorporate a wide range of textures, shapes, colours and metals which can be a little bit tricky. It’s not as easy as throwing every bracelet you own on your wrist, or it will look jumbled rather than stylish.
So what should you keep in mind when it comes to wearing stackable bracelets? Here are some helpful tips:
The Amount is Totally Up to You
Some women wear enough bracelets in order to cover the forearm, while others only mix together two or three. There is no right way or wrong way to do it, it depends on your own personal style. Remember, if you go a little bit overboard with your bracelets you can always take a few off and keep them in your purse to change your look.
Stacking with Charm Bracelets
Charm bracelets are a hot trend these days when it comes to bracelets and they are chain link metal bracelets with small and symbolic charms attached. The charms can be anything you want, from birthstones to gems to shapes that present hobbies, animals, interests and important events. Your stackable charm bracelets will be a reflection of your passions and interests.
Stacking with a charm bracelet can be tricky, as there is already so much going on in once bracelet. You might want to stick to one charm bracelet on your arm at once and pair it with simpler types of bracelets such as bangles and tennis bracelets.
What About Cuffs?
You might want to incorporate cuffs into your bracelet stack. These metal or leather bracelets are thick and they fit closely to the wrist or the forearm. The metal ones will feature a narrow opening through which the wrist can be inserted and the leather cuff will feature a buckle or a clasp. This style of cuff bracelet can be very stylish and they can be an excellent way to create some volume when you are stacking bracelets.
When Not to Wear a Bracelet Stack
You can wear a stack of bracelets in pretty much any setting, including shopping, girl’s nights, errands and parties. However, if you are going to be working with your hands or operating heavy machinery you will want to avoid wearing bracelets because they might get in your way and cause you danger. Also, you will not want to wear multiple bracelets when you are working at a computer because the bracelets will drag against your keyboard and be uncomfortable.
More Bracelet Stacking Tips
- Try matching the colours of your bracelet with colours pulled from your outfit.
- If you are wearing a neutral outfit, try to play up the colour in your bracelets as much as possible so that your look will have an exciting pop.
- If you are wearing a colourful outfit, opt for subtle bracelets such as all metal ones so that the focus will be on the colour in your outfit.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with bold colours and styles, such as wood, stone, unusual gemstones and uncommon types of metals.
- Make sure that you mix up the size and style of your bracelets. You don’t want to wear several cuff bracelets on one arm – so pair the cuff with a bangle, a watch or a leather wrap bracelet for a little variety.
- Beaded bracelets can be a great option for mixing into your bracelet stack, as they can be really delicate and beautiful and create a sweet and feminine look.
- If you are petite, you will want to stick to shorter stacks of bracelets – but if you are tall and have long arms you can get away with wearing more bracelets at a time.
- Another great tip is to wear many bracelets in neutral tones such as gold, silver and copper- then add one bright coloured bracelet to the set as an accent.
- To help tie the look together, you can bookend each end of the bracelet stack with bracelets that are similar in size and shape.
These are just a few tips in mind so that you can look stylish when to comes to wearing stackable bracelets. Check out the many gorgeous styles that Chlobo celebrity jewellery has to offer.